Towards the end of the SCPH-10x PSone production Sony revised the board slightly and released the PM-41 (2) board. This page covers the installation diagram for installing a PsNee chip into the PM-41 (2).
If your board has PM-41 printed on it then you should follow the PM-41 guide instead.
PM-41 (2) PsNee modchip installation diagram
- Pin VCC – VCC
- Pin GND – GND
- Pin 3 – Debug TX
- Pin 4 – BIOS A18
- Pin 5 – BIOS D2
- Pin 6 – SQCK
- Pin 7 – SUBQ
- Pin 8 – DATA
- Pin 9 – GATE_WFCK
Above is the installation diagram. Just match each colored pin label in the diagram with any matching colored point on the board. There is a second image of the chip in the diagram showing a good place to position the chip.
If you have a PAL PSone system then you’ll need to use an Arduino board and connect A18 and D2. Otherwise just ignore A18 and D2.
Here are some tips I have for you when you are soldering your chip into the PM-41 (2).
- You don’t need to connect pins one and two of the ATtiny45 chip. Just desolder the wire.
- If you are using an ATtiny45, or have a SCPH-101, then ignore pins A18 and D2.
- Use a multimeter to probe around for alternative VCC and GND points closer to where you position your chip for a cleaner installation.
- There may also be easier to solder to points for SQCT and SUBQ.
- Be super careful when soldering SQCT and SUBQ. It’s easy to bridge pins if you aren’t careful.
- Be careful with the DATA connection, it’s easy to accidentally knock the capacitor off the board.
Diagram success rate
Here’s a list of people who have successfully modded their console with this diagram. Leave a comment and I’ll add you to the list.
- Nobody yet.
This section has photos of some successful installations which you can use to get a better understanding of how everything is wired and positioned.
Here are some sample installations I have done in SCPH-101’s:
- Nobody yet.