If you don’t see the add to cart button then you may need to disable your ad blocker for my website. I don’t have any ads on my website. The Shopify integration seems to be blocked by some ad blockers.
This is a send in modchip installation service for the PlayStation 1. You send me your console, and then I install a modchip into it and send it back to you.
Here’s how the installation service works:
- You place an order and ship your console (just the console, no need to ship any cables or controllers) to an address I provide you in an email (you pay for the shipping to me).
- Once I receive the console I’ll test it, and then install and test the modchip within 5 business days (Monday-Friday).
- Once I have installed the chip I’ll ship the console back to you through USPS Priority Mail within one business day (Monday-Friday).
Please only send working consoles. If you send a console that won’t read games I’ll return it to you unmodified.
I can install a variety of chips into your console including MM3, PsNee, Mayumi v4, ONEchip, and Stealth 2.8a. Not all of these chips are compatible with all models of PlayStation 1. Here’s a quick summary of what I recommend:
- Older systems like the SCPH-1001 work best with Stealth 2.8a, and PsNee, and are also compatible with MM3.
- Systems from the SCPH-5501 through the SCPH-9001 will work well with MM3, PsNee, or Mayumi v4.
- Slim SCPH-101 systems also work well with the MM3, PsNee, or Mayumi v4.
- PAL PSone slims only work with ONEchip or PsNee.
Modchips have a great set of features allowing the chip to be easy to install, compatible with pretty much all PS1 consoles, and compatible with all games.
- Compatible with all PS1 consoles from the original SCPH-1001 through the slim SPH-101. There are a few exceptions though, so read the compatibility section.
- Play game backups from any region.
- Play genuine games from any region.
- Works with all games, even anti-modchip games like Spryo 3.
There’s one thing I’d like to mention relating to modchip compatibility:
- Later Japanese systems, starting some time during the SCPH-3000’s, and everything after, won’t be able to play non-NTSC-J games with any modchip. There is additional region locking in the BIOS. You can either swap the BIOS chip with one out of an American console, or patch your backups to be NTSC-J region.
I can provide the BIOS swap service if requested for an additional fee.
I accept payments through PayPal, which lets you pay with your PayPal balance, bank account, or credit card.
Payments are also accepted through Shopify payments which is done through Stripe. Various payment methods are available through Shopify payments including credit cards and Google/Apple Pay.
Once I receive your console I’ll install the chip within 5 business days (Monday-Friday), and then ship it back to you within one business day (Monday-Friday) of completion.
Support & Returns
If you have any questions feel free to contact me. I’ll help you troubleshoot any problems you may have.
If you happen to receive a defective installation and you can’t get it working even after I help you, then I can send you a refund.