I have written guides for installing MM3 modchips into various revisions of the PlayStation 1. If you have a PS1 and are interested in installing a modchip into it, then you can purchase preprogrammed MM3 modchips from me.
I use genuine Microchip PIC12F629 chips that I purchase from Digikey or Mouser. This is a more modern alternative to the PIC12C508 chips that are commonly used for PS1 modchips.
I program and test each chip myself.
- Compatible with all PS1 consoles, from the original SCPH-1001 through the slim SCPH-101.
- Plays game backups from any region.
- Plays genuine games from any region.
- Works with all games.
- Installation requires only 6-8 wires to be soldered.
You can choose from the following regions.
- America – For American PS1 consoles.
- Europe – For European PS1 consoles.
- Japan – For Japanese PS1 consoles.
You can also choose from the following wire configurations.
- No wire included (chip only).
- 1×144″ wire included (single loose wire).
- 8×18″ wires included (eight loose wires).
- 8×18″ wires included, and presoldered (eight wires soldered to each leg on the chip).
- Wiring diagrams (you can also send me a message with your board version and I’ll send you the correct image).
- You’ll need a fine point soldering iron, solder, and wire cutters/strippers.
- If you are having trouble playing backups make sure your wires are short, and your soldering connections are good. If you are still having problems try burning your games at a slower speed.
- If you are having trouble playing backups sometimes restarting the console fixes the problem.
If this item is in stock I’ll ship your order within one business day (Monday-Saturday) through USPS. First Class shipping is available for free and included in the price.
You can purchase the MM3 modchip from me through PayPal. The cart won’t be available when the MM3 modchip isn’t in stock.